Vegan Mofo // Crazy Sexy Diet Day 12: Banana Soft Serve

Maybe all of you know this but maybe not. Did you know your food processor is secretly an ice cream maker? I had no idea! But it is now firmly in the lead for my favorite appliance. TMI time, I’m still on my period so I’m still CRAVING sweets. The recipe for banana soft serve is so easy I didn’t believe it. I’m sure some of you have tried it but maybe not. So I started out with 3 small frozen SUPER ripe bananas. We usually stick them in smoothies.

20111012-184820.jpg

Easy, right?

20111012-185236.jpg

At this point I started to worry. Was it really this easy? I made my friend go check the cook book for me.

20111012-185740.jpg

Yup, that easy. So good. Sorry I don’t have prettier pictures but I ate all of it right out of the food processor.

Just a couple thoughts about the Crazy Sexy Diet 21-Day Adventure Cleanse. I’m doing much better. The key, I’ve found is to make salad first, and eat the salad while you cook the rest of your meal. This way I’ve been able to keep 60-80% of my meal raw alkaline goodness. Next week I probably won’t need so much dessert. I swear.

• Savannah October 12, 2011, 7:29 PM

Your dessert was healthy! Not like it was a tub of processed over sugary crap from a supermarket. It makes me want it now! YUM! I think you’re doing well on this diet. All new ways of eating take time. Don’t be so harsh on yourself. xox

• Vanessa October 12, 2011, 8:05 PM

Mmmm I LOVE vegan soft serve. =)

• Cara October 13, 2011, 9:08 AM

Great tip on eating the salad first. I really like that book, Crazy Sexy Diet, in fact it catapulted me into a new eating style just recently. You are actually doing the cleanse? How long has it been now? What made you decide to do it? <–I'm a curious girl 🙂

• KT October 13, 2011, 3:33 PM

Today is day 13. This is going to sound bad but I was looking around at all of my friends and thinking how unhealthy we all look. I think a lot of times we think, oh if it’s vegan it’s healthy. We get SO wrapped up in helping animals that we forget to take care of ourselves. But Oreo’s and even a flavor of Dorrito’s are vegan so that’s just not true. Some days I wouldn’t even eat vegetables because I would be in such a hurry. I know this IS NOT true for a lot of people but it is in my group of friends. I just wanted to take better care of myself so that I can be more effective. Hopefully that makes sense. I don’ t mean to rag on junk food vegans because I’m definitely one of them.

• omgoshimvegan October 13, 2011, 10:39 AM

MMM don’t think I’ve had vegan soft serve. Sounds so good!

• mskristiina January 2, 2012, 4:16 PM

Tried this last night, it was AWESOME.