You’re a virgin, who can’t drive.

If there is one movie I could watch over and over again in Junior High, it was Clueless. I remember it inspired collections at Contempo Casuals AND Bakers. I searched out knee socks and mini skirts that were just long enough to pass in school. One item that I always wanted and could never find was an extra long sheer button up like the one she wore to fail her driving test.

Well, it only took 17 years but my wish finally came true with Free People’s January Collection, this amazing sheer button-down tunic comes in three awesome colors and the best news is that it can be worn sans sweater vest!

You're a virgin, who can't drive.

Get her look by pairing it with a mini*, knee socks and mary janes. Or update her 90’s look by pairing it with cropped faux-leather skinnies.

“And in conclusion may I please remind you it does not say R.S.V.P. on the Statue of Liberty. Thank you very much.”

Image of Alicia Silverstone as Cher, via here, click through for vendor images. *I have this mini in grey and it is WAY more flattering and comfortable that you would think a mini-skirt made of elastic would be. I swear.

• Mandee January 21, 2012, 3:47 PM

I loved this post because like you, I LOVE Clueless! I wish I had a wardrobe with a computer to help me decide what to wear each day!

• mskristiina January 21, 2012, 8:43 PM

I’m going to have to see if it’s on netflix now so I can watch it again. I forgot about the closet but it was brilliant!

• Shaunna K. January 21, 2012, 4:37 PM

OH MY GOSH. This used to be my dream outfit. I have also been searching for this top my WHOLE life. I need it immediately. Ps aren’t computerized wardrobes supposed to be a real thing by now??

Great post lady! xx

• mskristiina January 21, 2012, 8:44 PM

You would think! Although it did take 17 years for the top so maybe the computer is on a 20 year timeline.

• jenojoon January 22, 2012, 8:15 AM

Ohhh! I love Clueless too! I went to see it in a tiny theatre in Maui and my sister and I were the only ones laughing. The humor apparently did not translate in a tiny Hawaiian town! :) Such cute stuff you’ve found!

• mskristiina February 13, 2012, 2:58 PM

Haha! You are kidding me, I can’t believe anyone would not laugh their ass off. I am so wishing were on netflix instant watch right now!

• cameraphonevegan January 23, 2012, 5:24 PM

i could never do the over the knee socks. they always fall down! i always scrunch them so that they’re knee socks. oh yah, i still wear knee socks. a lot. : ) congrats on the find!

• mskristiina February 13, 2012, 2:57 PM

Thanks! I found some from Hue that stay up pretty well, if you ever want to give it a try. They are the microfiber ones and are only about $8.

• Arly February 21, 2012, 7:49 PM

She had me convinced for years that I could pull off a tartan skirt. I may still try every once and a while :s

• mskristiina February 21, 2012, 8:35 PM

Haha, you’ve got to give it a go every once in a while.

• Cecily January 3, 2013, 8:24 AM

Just this holiday I watcher Clueless on the plane and fell in love!
    It is such a feel-good film, plus its loosely based on Emma by Jane Austen which can be used as an excuse for repeatedly watching it, because it comes from “literature” ;)

• Bev January 6, 2013, 8:52 PM

I just watched Clueless again for the first time (in years) a few weeks ago when I was sick. That movie gets better and better each time I watch it!
    Bev recently posted..Prasad Designs: An Interview with Anusha PrasadMy Profile