Here they are, Heel Harnesses made with curb chain so you won’t need a blow torch to make them. They aren’t quite as snazzy as the Sass + Bide originals but they are still quite nice.
You will need:
- Jump rings (previously seen here)
- 2 lobster claw clasps
- Jewelry pliers
- 10mm curb chain (I got mine from MJ Trim)
- 2 shoe clips (previously seen here)
- Yarn, tape and scissors
- Shoes you may want to wear this with.
1. Use the yarn and tape to make a mock-up of the heel harness on your shoe while it is on your foot. Start with the back and the piece underneath. If you have different colors of yarn, use them. Leave some slack in the underneath piece.
2. Put your shoe on as you adjust the top piece. The pieces don’t need to connect, as they are to measure your chain and don’t account for the length the jump rings will add in.
3. Remove all three pieces of yarn and tape them to a table and use them as a guide to make 6 pieces of chain, 2 of each length.
4. Arrange one of each of the pieces in the form of the harness. Attach a jump ring to each end of the pieces with one of the clasps on the end of the top piece.
5. Using the last two jump rings connect the three pieces on each end.
6. Slip them on your shoes! Now if you move around a lot it is likely that they will slip down so I would recommend gluing a shoe clip to the back of each one.