Resolute

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.”  ― Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Cheers to the New Year! I always feel very Anne of Green Gables about this holiday, ready for a fresh start. No mistakes… yet. I’ve seen a lot of people saying things to indicate that 2012 was a bad year for them and for me, it was actually pretty good, or maybe my attitude just changed midway. Actually, my attitude DID change it and it was in large part due to reading The Happiness Project. I’ve started my own happiness project and it has made a very big difference in my life. Because I have resolutions for each month, I’m taking it easy on the year resolutions. I have three.

1. Keep a one-sentence journal. Thank you mama for this awesome gift!
  2. Learn a foreign language. The BF and I are doing this together, should be fun.
  3. Be KRISTIINA.

January is supposed to be my month to make fitness a habit but I have the flu, so gross, it is soooooo completely gross. I haven’t left my house since Christmas. I’m not complaining, just explaining why I might switch up my months and do something else in January. I don’t want to miss out on my fitness, ya know? Now tell me your resolutions.

• Carli January 1, 2013, 9:02 AM

I’m so sorry you have the flu! My sister and her h:-)usband have also been sick with it for quite some time. I’m going to need to look into The Happiness Project. Love your resolutions but can you explain 3?

I’m working on one thing only this year, being fearless to reach my goals.
    Carli recently posted..What I Learned From Chocolate Protein BrowniesMy Profile

• mskristiina January 1, 2013, 12:53 PM

You will LOVE The Happiness Project Carli! Also there is a link up every Thursday on artsocialonline, where everyone posts happiness project updates, it’s a lot of fun.

#3 is just a reminder to be myself and not to try to be what I think people want me to be. For example, I have come to the conclusion that I really just don’t care for some activities and instead of forcing myself to go and PRETEND to have fun, I let myself stay home and read a book or do something else that really do find fun. It’s another one from The Happiness Project book. One of the author, Gretchen’s commandments is Be Gretchen. She probably explains it better than me.

• B A January 1, 2013, 11:25 AM

I love the idea of a 1 sentence journal, that’s a great idea. I also think that keeping a smaller list of yearly resolutions will mean more success, instead of getting over ambitious and setting too many goals to reach. I have done this in the past, I think I’ll keep it more manageable this year.
    Good luck on your resolutions (especially the language)!

Get better soon, and Happy 2013!

• Jennifer January 2, 2013, 4:46 PM

I love you resolutions!! What language are you hoping to learn?

• mskristiina January 2, 2013, 4:59 PM

French! We have the Rosetta stone en route. I can’t wait for it to arrive!

• Nicole @ Three 31 January 2, 2013, 5:54 PM

Hi Kristina, I am a new visitor of your blog and I must say I’m impressed, intrigued, and in awe of your resolutions for 2013. I’m going to read “The Happiness Project” as soon as I finish my book’s club title. I’ve been a fan and follower of Gretchen for over a year, hard to believe I’ve yet to read her best-selling book! One of my resolutions for ’13 is to write in my journal more too. A couple years ago, my Mom gave me this 10-year journal that has 4 lines of writing space for each day. It’s a lovely journal, nicely bound and has my monogram on it too. It’s a great way to document the small things, big events, and daily happenings without having to write a novel. I’m looking forward to 2013 and all of the exciting and challenging opportunities ahead …. and following your blog too!

Hugs,
    Nicole @ Three 31

My “2013 Resolutions” post —> http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/2013-resolutions/
    Nicole @ Three 31 recently posted..2013 ResolutionsMy Profile

• mskristiina January 2, 2013, 10:57 PM

Awesome, my mom gave me a 5 year journal, so excited! You will LOVE The Happiness Project, it has changed my life. I owe Erin from ArtSocial a big thanks for recommending it to me.
      mskristiina recently posted..Stella Spring Sheer WhitesMy Profile

• home jobs by mom January 22, 2013, 10:06 AM

A one sentence journal sounds like a great idea and actually something I have time to keep track of
    home jobs by mom recently posted..10 Ways to Increase Breast Milk SupplyMy Profile