On Fitness, On Waffling.

Wow people, wow. Once again, Wildfox Couture has gotten inside my head to design. First, it was a cat lady collection for resort and now the Clueless collection for Spring 2013. You know how I love Clueless fashion. And it just happened to be right when I needed an image of unmotivated-looking exercisers for my happiness project update. Thank you Wildfox, you’re my jam.

Wildfox Spring 2013 Clueless

As many of you know the focus of my happiness project for January is to make fitness a habit. I had big plans, oh yes, I did. I was going to start off right by working out every day before work. I was going to follow the Crazy Sexy Diet to a T. Sometimes though, life gets in the way. Sometimes, you get the flu, sometimes your face is so full of mucus you must resign to drinking ginger-whiskey tea all day and watching TV to distract you from the pain. It’s not exactly picture perfect fitness. And so, I was debating switching things up and focusing on spirituality this month. I was waffling.

But then I was complaining about this to my mama and she said something that made me think of Gretchen’s saying, “Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.” Maybe my aim for fitness perfection was really just a way to make it too hard to start so I could put it off…

January will still be the month to make fitness a habit, it might be that I walk to the end of my driveway before work instead of hitting the gym but if you saw me over XMAS break you would know what progress this is. Oh and, the green juice from Crazy Sexy Diet, that is still happening. I need it.

On that note, in case you are wondering about the connection of fitness to happiness, let my other favorite movie blonde, Elle, remind you, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.”

So let’s get fit shall we?

• Alyssa January 3, 2013, 10:59 AM

nice touch, getting a little Legally Blonde in there. :)
    This is so true! I feel so much better about myself and life in generally now that I make working out a priority. I don’t have 6 pack abs, but I’m strong and I feel great, and that’s all that matters. :)
    Alyssa recently posted..Happy at HomeMy Profile

• mskristiina January 3, 2013, 2:17 PM

Glad you appreciate the quote Alyssa :) I think, if I’m really being honest with myself and not trying to sound more intellectual than I am, Clueless and Legally Blonde are my two favorite movies.
      mskristiina recently posted..Looking Back – Best of The BlogMy Profile

• Kory January 3, 2013, 1:30 PM

I love that Legally Blonde quote! I’ve been trying to work on working out more recently as well. I really started last month, but part of my goal to ‘keep working’ this month includes continuing working out. Working out can make us happier and help out many different parts of our lives, so it’s great that you’re willing to work on that. So excited for you! If you ever need encouragement, you know where to find me. :)

• mskristiina January 3, 2013, 2:16 PM

Thanks Kory! I decided tonight I’ll go to the gym and walk on the treadmill. It won’t be much of a workout but at least it will help get me in the habit of GOING to the gym :)
      mskristiina recently posted..Stella Spring Sheer WhitesMy Profile

• Sheila Skillingstead January 3, 2013, 6:29 PM

I love your post. It made me smile. My fitness goals are to get 21 straight days of exercise (the type can vary) in order to get back on track that I’ve been off for three months. Thanks for the inspiration from your mom. Great thought. Popping in from your visit to my site.
    Sheila Skillingstead recently posted..My SITS Day wrap-upMy Profile

• Carli January 4, 2013, 1:05 AM

Your mom…super smart!

I do the same thing sometimes but waffeling itself can become a habit and then you accomplish nothing.

You live the same movies I do!
    Carli recently posted..Waking Up MarriedMy Profile

• Leah January 4, 2013, 7:10 AM

Love this post – I love the happiness project book – and you’ve inspired me to think of my own happiness project. Fitness is always a good place to start:) Good luck!
    Leah recently posted..New Year’s Eve and DayMy Profile

• Christa the BabbyMama January 4, 2013, 8:29 AM

I love bored looking exercise models, ha!

Fitness is part of my new year… um, thing. Not a resolution because I don’t do that. Goals? I want 2013 to be the best year ever :) Good luck to both of us!
    Christa the BabbyMama recently posted..Reflections On Life with My ChildrenMy Profile

• Melissa @ Fit 'n' Well Mommy January 4, 2013, 10:54 PM

Great post and Happy SITS day! Your Mom’s words are SO true. Perfection is overrated! I also love the happiness project…I might have to think of my own project!
    Melissa @ Fit ‘n’ Well Mommy recently posted..First Family Fun Outing of 2013 and a Paleo Challenge…My Profile