Just Dance.

This month for my happiness project I’m focusing on making fitness a habit. I wasn’t sure I could do it, you know, the flu was getting in the way giving me all sorts of excuses. I was considering switching up my project to focus on something else month and make it easier on myself.

I’m happy to say, I stuck it out and started with easy things like walking, not that I’m that out of shape but I was just really that sick. So walking was good and all but then I realized that the BF bought me a wii for XMAS. Yup, a wii with motion and…
Just Dance
So I am not a dancer, you should see videos from ballet as a kid, I’m the pathetic one. But let me tell you, that Just Dance game, is FUN. When I first rented it, gotta try before you buy, I played it ALL DAY LONG. The next day, I was SO sore. Since I can’t run outside with our crappy SLC air, I’ve been dancing.

I’m of course not just writing this to say what a great cardio work out it is, this is about my happiness project after all. If exercise is a mood-booster, dancing is a mood-rocket.

A mood-rocket. Seriously, you’ll go from zero to sixty. Try it. Be Happy.

Original Image Via Here.

• Carli January 10, 2013, 9:18 PM

I love dancing, making up songs, listening to the radio. Really anything that involves music. And I’m not good at any of it but it’s just so fun.
    Carli recently posted..J. R. R. Tolkien The Making of a LegendMy Profile

• mskristiina January 10, 2013, 9:27 PM

Oh I’m definitely not good, but in private… It doesn’t matter right?

• Celestine January 10, 2013, 11:06 PM

Haha thats awesome! Im not good with sticking to work outs either. The longest one I stayed with was Zumba and it was great because it was fun. Enjoy your new wii!
    Celestine recently posted..BE HAPPY /05My Profile

• mskristiina January 10, 2013, 11:23 PM

I’m going to try Zumba soon. Everyone’s says how fun it is.

• Bev January 11, 2013, 9:56 AM

In college on semester I got really lazy about dragging my sorry behind to the gym, so instead I would have solo dance parties in my room. I want to buy an xbox360 solely for the dance video games, they make exercising so much fun! And I also highly encourage you to try out Zumba, it’s fun to do and really entertaining to watch everyone (myself included) flail about.
    Bev recently posted..Friday Five: 5 Books to Cultivate Your Small (Creative) BusinessMy Profile

• Alyssa January 11, 2013, 10:23 AM

I love this! I wish we had something like this! I would dance in the living room all day!
    Alyssa recently posted..Week One HAH UpdateMy Profile

• Anna January 11, 2013, 9:35 PM

I haven’t used my Wii in years…I actually feel very guilty about that. I think I might need to get Just Dance. I am so not co-ordinated but it was a great laugh playing it at a friend’s place!

I will have to read more about this happiness project!
    Anna recently posted..Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick ReviewMy Profile

• Bea January 12, 2013, 10:33 AM

What a great resolution! Walking is so good, and dancing is just so much fun. It sounds like you got it all figured out to stick to your New Years Resolution :) ~ Bea – stopping by from SITS Sharefest
    Bea recently posted..#Recall #Undeclared #Milk Island Delights Coconut Haystack Candy {#allergy}My Profile

• Julie Jordan Scott January 12, 2013, 10:59 AM

You’ve convinced me: I need to play Just Dance! I love the idea of renting it first, I tend to look at the price tag and wonder, what if I hate it? I love dancing but am not very good at any new steps (at first) but I am committed to getting it. Fitness in a fun way…. I am all about that!
    Julie Jordan Scott recently posted..Drawn to Their Faces, Their Stories, Their Lives & Their Words: Loving Literary WomenMy Profile

• hilljean January 12, 2013, 11:05 AM

That sounds so fun. I need to get a Wii. I need to exercise. I need to just. get. off. the. couch.
    hilljean recently posted..A Golden Day For MomMy Profile

• Savvy Working Gal January 12, 2013, 2:44 PM

This does look fun and something I would do at home. That is one of the reasons I take classes at the gym. I’d be on the treadmill for ten minutes and start to think I should unload the dishwasher and that would be it. With a class you are forced to workout for the duration of the class unless you leave early. Also I noticed I stick with the fun classes – Zumba and Turbo Kick longer than with a bootcamp like class.

Good luck.
    Savvy Working Gal recently posted..Take Hostile Breakup Threats SeriouslyMy Profile

• Kate January 12, 2013, 6:10 PM

This post came at the perfect time. Like a lot of people, I’ve resolved to get fit and healthy in the new year. I’m already in the habit of reguarly walking/jogging every day. But I was looking to ratchet it up. And I totally forgot about my Wii !! I think I even have unopened copies of “Just Dance” and “Zumba”. They’ve all been gathering dust and I think its high time they came out to play! Thanks for the reminder!
    Kate recently posted..School After 50 – What Am I Doing Here?My Profile

• Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady January 21, 2013, 8:05 AM

Hi! I’m back again from SITS to see what you’ve been up to lady. I’m all about fitness, I hope it’s successful for you this year. I despised my ballet, tap, and jazz class so much, I got “stomach aches” every Thursday until my Mother finally gave in and let me ditch it:)