{DIY} Newbie Knitted Headband – Kollabora

So you know how it is completely freezing in Salt Lake right now? Maybe not, but if you are coming to Alt Summit, you are about to find out. Never fear, this adorable knitted headband is super easy to make and will keep you nice and toasty.

Newbie Knitted Headband

I haven’t been knitting much over the last couple of years but Kollabora is celebrating the new year with new skills and they have got some great projects to help you learn. I used their Newbie Knitted Headband tutorial and kit to make this one. They were super cool and swapped out the wool-ease for some cotton-ease for me since I don’t use animal products.

Newbie Knitted Headband Kit

The kit comes with everything you need to make yourself a headband and at least one extra one for a friend. The instructions on the site are very clear and each step has a video so even if you have never knit before, you’ll be able to pick it up.

Next up, I am dying to make this sweater, you like?

Kollabora sent me the kit free of charge, all text, images and opinions are my own.

• Ty January 22, 2013, 9:20 PM

I’m glad that you put a pic of yourself in there! Love this, and am excited about the headband. I have a feeling they’re going to be getting a bunch of orders for the cotton swap now! :) You rock, as always.

• mskristiina January 23, 2013, 11:07 AM

Thanks Ty! It’s actually kind of an unspoken goal of mine to put myself in my blog posts since I am oh so terrified of getting my picture taken. On Sunday my friend arranged for us to work with a photographer and I almost faked sick! I’m really glad I didn’t though, now I can’t wait to see how they turned out.

• ELENA January 23, 2013, 1:48 AM

Good one end, with this cold is just what it takes.
    I do not know knitting … one day I’ll learn!

• mskristiina January 23, 2013, 11:07 AM

Def check the website out, they have GREAT instruction!

• Nellie January 23, 2013, 12:43 PM

I love this, I wish I had one RIGHT NOW, its so brutal outside!
    Nellie recently posted..Weekly Wednesday Workout: Burpees with Lateral HopsMy Profile

• Carli January 23, 2013, 7:00 PM

Love the headband…and the sweater! It’s cold here too. It’s driving me crazy. I’ve never been able to knit, if I coul learn it would be a happy day for me. :-)
    Carli recently posted..Post Workout Snacks #WIAW No. 18My Profile

• Tracie January 26, 2013, 8:27 AM

Love the headband.

That sweater is awesome, too!

• Classic NYer January 26, 2013, 10:44 AM

You look so cute and so warm in that headband!
    Classic NYer recently posted..Poetry Corner Friday: Green teaMy Profile

• home jobs by mom January 26, 2013, 5:01 PM

That’s a super cute headband!
    home jobs by mom recently posted..Teen Birthday Party Ideas: A Haunted House Themed BirthdayMy Profile